Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fun times in 2012

With a new PR for 50 miles @ Avalon (8:49) and having ran the Rocky Road 100 in (22:23) I'm thinking what now. Do I want to go further, do I want to go faster? So I'm going to take a step back and try to PR in distances leading back up to 100 miles. The half, full, 50k, 50 mi and maybe 100 miles, if I don't run out of time. I haven't ever really trained hard and consistently so I know I am capable of getting some decent times in all of the distances. 1:25 for the 1/2, sub 3 Full, sub 8 for 50 and anything under 22:23 for 100 miles are my goals for 2012. My true challenge is coming up with an effective way to train while working full time, school f/t and having a new baby. There is always time to train I just can't make excuses or neglect other areas of my life. I don't anticipate running more than 70 miles in any one training week so that should give me plenty of time for everything else. I don't get how people who have a life outside of running consistently run 100+ miles a week, that's just crazy to me, the only time I've ever ran that much in a week was when I ran my 100 mile race.

2 comments:

  1. You can definitely make great gains on a 70 mile training week. I have tried to train with the 100+ mile weeks and I ALWAYS end up sick and injured. I think an 80 mile week as the biggest week leading up to the 100 is plenty.
    Of course, I am muuuuuch slower than you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well slow or fast, I agree that 70-80 miles max should be good. Out of curiosity though I might try out a couple 100+ mile weeks to see what happens. Hopefully nothing to bad.

    ReplyDelete